Enable Work Mode in the CylanceGATEWAY agent
If your administrator has set up
CylanceGATEWAYservice for you, you can enable Work Mode in the
macOSdevices to access network resources safely and protect your device from suspicious and potentially malicious network activity. Your administrator can also force the agent to start and enable Work Mode automatically.
When Work Mode is enabled,
CylanceGATEWAYestablishes secure connections between your device and your organization's network and the public Internet, analyzes your network activity, and applies network access policies managed by your administrator. To see a walkthrough on how to install and activate the
CylanceGATEWAYagent, see the How Do I install and activate the
If your administrator has configured the agent to enable Safe Mode, see Activate Safe Mode in the CylanceGATEWAY agent.
- Install theCylanceGATEWAYagent. To download the agent, go to the BlackBerry Website and scroll down to the DownloadCylanceGATEWAYsection.
- Activate the agent using your directory orBlackBerry Online Accountcredentials. For more information about activating the agent, see theCylanceGATEWAYactivation email that you received from your administrator. OnmacOSdevices, when you are prompted, make sure that you select the "Allow Gateway to filter network content."
- On your computer, open theCylanceGATEWAYagent.
- Complete one of the following tasks:
- Enable Work Mode: ClickEnable Work Mode.
- If your administrator has forced both the agent to start when you log in and enable Work Mode automatically, no action is required.
When the connection is established, the "Work Mode Enabled" status appears.
- To view warnings about suspicious network activity, click . From the Warnings screen, you can also choose to clear and mute warning notifications.
- To view the policies that are assigned to the agent by your administrator, click .