Resolve mobile threats
CylancePROTECT Mobileapp detects mobile threats on your device, you receive a device notification. You can open the
CylancePROTECT Mobileapp to quickly identify the threats and resolve them.
- Open theCylancePROTECT Mobileapp.
- TapDevice Health.
- Expand one of the following sections:
- App security
- Device security
- Network protection
- Use the following table to help resolve any threats that were detected on the device.FeaturePlatformDescriptionResolutionApp securityMalicious appsAndroidExpand the section to display a list of any malicious apps that the app has detected.TapFixto uninstall a malicious app from the device OS.Sideloaded appsAndroidiOSSideloaded apps are apps that were installed from unknown or untrusted sources.OnAndroiddevices, expand the section to display a list of any sideloaded apps that the app has detected.OniOSdevices, expand the section to display a list of third-party application developer profiles that are trusted and installed on your device.TapFixto view instructions for removing the sideloaded app.OnAndroiddevices, you are directed to the device settings to uninstall the app.OniOSdevices, you are directed to the Settings app to remove the trusted app profile from your device.Device securityDeveloper optionsAndroidDeveloper options indicates whether developer mode is enabled on the device.TapFixto view instructions for turning off developer mode. You are directed to the device settings to turn off developer mode.Root detectionAndroidiOSRoot detection displays a notification if the app detects that the device is rooted or jailbroken.No action in the app. You must contact your administrator for a resolution.Full disk encryptionAndroidFull disk encryption indicates whether disk encryption is enabled on the device.TapFixto view instructions for turning on disk encryption. You are directed to the device settings to turn on disk encryption.Screen lockAndroidiOSScreen lock indicates whether a screen lock option (for example, a password or fingerprint) is currently enabled on the device.TapFixto view instructions for turning on a screen lock.OnAndroiddevices, you are directed to go to the device settings to turn on a screen lock.Device attestationAndroidiOSOnAndroiddevices, a notification is displayed if theCylancePROTECT Mobileapp fails any of the following:
OniOSdevices, a notification is displayed if theCylancePROTECT Mobileapp fails an integrity check using theAppleDeviceCheck framework.ForAndroiddevices, if the security patch level does not meet the configured minimum patch, tapFixto check for software updates.For other attestation alerts and integrity checks, there is no action in the app. You must contact your administrator for a resolution.Device OSAndroidiOSDevice OS indicates whether the device OS meets the requirements in theCylancePROTECTpolicy that is assigned to you.TapFixto view instructions for upgrading the OS.OnAndroiddevices, you are directed to the device settings to upgrade the OS.Device modelAndroidiOSDevice model indicates whether the device model meets the requirements in theCylancePROTECTpolicy that is assigned to you.There is no action to perform in the app. You must contact your administrator for a resolution.Network protectionNetwork connectionAndroidiOSNetwork connection indicates whether the current network is unsafe.TapFixto view instructions for disconnecting from the unsafe network.OnAndroiddevices, there is an option to go to the device settings to disconnect from the network.Wi-FisecurityAndroidWi-Fisecurity indicates whether the currentWi-Finetwork is insecure.TapFixto view instructions for disconnecting from theWi-Finetwork.OnAndroiddevices, there is an option to go to the device settings to disconnect from theWi-Finetwork.Message scanning featuresMalware messages detectedAndroidiOSIdentify SMS text messages with potentially malicious URLs.OnAndroiddevices, tapFixto go to the default messaging app to delete the text messages.OniOSdevices, the text messages are automatically filtered to the junk folder.
- Hardware certificate attestation
- Hardware attestation security level lower than what is configured in theCylancePROTECT Mobilepolicy
- Hardware attestation security patch level is lower than what is configured in theCylancePROTECT Mobilepolicy
- Hardware attestation boot state is unverified