Configure the CylanceGATEWAY Connector
You can complete various tasks in the
CylanceGATEWAY Connectorweb interface. If your network has multiple instances of the
CylanceGATEWAY Connectorinstalled and configured, the tasks must be completed on each
CylanceGATEWAY Connectorinstance in your environment as necessary. You can view the status of all the connectors in your environment in the management console.
Verify that you have one or more
CylanceGATEWAY Connectorinstances deployed.
- In a web browser, navigate to the IP address of yourCylanceGATEWAY Connector.
- Enter your credentials and clickSign in.
- Complete any of the following tasks:TasksStepsDownload logs.The log files are downloaded to your Downloads folder in a zip file and can contain multipleCylanceGATEWAY Connectorlog files.
Manage this connector.To complete this task, theCylanceGATEWAY Connectormust be enrolled with theBlackBerry Infrastructure.ClickManage this connectorto open theCylance Endpoint Securitymanagement console and manage theCylanceGATEWAY Connectors. For more information, see Managing CylanceGATEWAY Connectors.When the connector is enrolled with theBlackBerry Infrastructure, you can view the current status, registration information, and the number of tunnels that are connected to theBlackBerry Infrastructureby theCylanceGATEWAY Connector.Edit settings.You can specify one or more of the following settings (optional).
- ClickDownload logs.
- Extract the logs to review them or send the zip file to BlackBerry Support to help troubleshoot potential issues.
Change administrator password.You can change the administrator password for theCylanceGATEWAY Connectorpassword at any time. This does not change the administrator password that is used forCylanceGATEWAY Connectoraccess in thevSphereorESXienvironment. Each time that you change the password, you are prompted to log in again using the new password.
- Complete one or more of the following settings:
- Generate a new self-signed TLS certificate: You can regenerate the TLS certificate at any time. By default, the certificate is valid for one year. The web interface displays the certificate expiry day and time, the serial number, and host that is bound to the certificate. Each time that you generate a new TLS certificate, you are prompted to accept the new certificate.
- HTTP/S Proxy configuration: If your environment is configured with an unauthenticated proxy server that is used for Internet-destined HTTP and HTTPS requests, you can enter the URL of the proxy. When the proxy URL is added, HTTPS requests to theBlackBerry Infrastructuremade by theCylanceGATEWAY Connectorwill use the proxy. Tunnel traffic will not use the proxy.
- Maximum Transfer Unit (MTU) configuration: By default, theCylanceGATEWAY Connectorautomatically detects the MTU of your network. In some instances, you might need to specify the MTU value that theCylanceGATEWAY Connectorcan use.BlackBerryrecommends that you use automatic detection.If you specify the MTU and want to use automatic detection, you must restart theCylanceGATEWAY Connectorfrom within thevSphereorESXienvironment.
- Network Time Protocol (NTP) configuration: By default, theCylanceGATEWAY ConnectorusesUbuntu's ntp.ubuntu.com server for time synchronization. You can specify a custom NTP server.
- Advanced Package Tool (APT) configuration: By default, theCylanceGATEWAY ConnectorusesUbuntu's repository hosts, archive.unbunto.com and security.unbuntu.com. You can specify a custom package repository that theCylanceGATEWAY Connectoruses. Note that security updates are applied automatically and you must restart theCylanceGATEWAY Connectorin the management console for updates to take affect.
- Complete one of the following:
- ClickUpdate settingsto save the changes on the Settings screen.
- ClickRestore default settingsto restore all of the default settings. You must enter your credentials for the changes to take affect. Network connectivity might be interrupted (for example, if you specify an MTU theCylanceGATEWAY Connectormust be restarted).
- ClickFactory Resetto erase allCylanceGATEWAY Connectorconfigurations, including the self-signed TLS certificate. TheCylanceGATEWAY Connectormust be restarted and will result in a network connectivity interruption.
- ClickChange admin password.
- Enter the current administrator password.
- Enter and confirm your new password.
- ClickChange password.
- When prompted, clickLog in now. You will also be automatically redirected to the login prompt after a short wait.
- Enter your administrator username and new password and clickSign in.