View the file inventory
The following permissions are required in order to view the file inventory:
- Read file summary
- List and read policies
- In the management console, on the menu bar, clickCylanceAVERT > File Inventory.TheCylanceAVERTfile inventory is a list of all the files that contain sensitive data types, as specified in the information protection policies, that were discovered during the file trawling process. The supported file types are .pdf, .ooxml (Microsoft Word,Excel, andPowerPoint), .txt, .rtf, .zip, and .csv. The following table explains the information that is displayed in the file inventory list.ItemDescriptionFile nameThis is the name of the file.File sizeThis is the size of the file in KBInfo typesThis is the information type that the file belongs to.For encrypted or password protected files, "encrypted file" displays.Data typesThis is the number of sensitives data types that were found in the file.UsersThis is the number of users that have access to the file.DevicesThis is the number of devices that have access to the file.PoliciesThis is the policy or policies that this file is a part of.TypeThis is the file type. The supported file types are .pdf, .ooxml (Microsoft Word,Excel, andPowerPoint), .txt, .rtf, .zip, and .csv.There is no pagination for this list, you can scroll to load more results or use the filter options.Once the initial trawling process is competed,CylanceAVERTwill regularly poll to check for new sensitive data.
- Do any of the following:
You can view the file name and attributes in the file inventory, but file snippets and full file access are not supported.
- To filter any of the columns, click in the column heading.
- To change which columns are displayed, click on the right of the column headings.
- To group the data by users, devices, or data types, select the grouping from the drop-down menu. From the group file inventory view, you can click on an item to display detailed information for that group.
- To view a list of partially analyzed files, clickPartially Analyzed Files.
- You can click on an item in the file inventory to display the file details menu. From this menu, you can see the file details, the users with access to the file, the devices with access to the file, the data types found in the file, and the policies that the file violates.