What is CylancePERSONA Mobile?
CylancePERSONA Mobileis a cloud service that dynamically adapts the security requirements and behavior of your users' devices and work apps to their real-world contexts. For example, if a
BlackBerry Dynamicsapp reports a location that is not typical for the user,
CylancePERSONAcan dynamically limit the user’s access to work apps, disable device features such as the camera, and enforce stricter authentication requirements. Likewise, if a
BlackBerry Dynamicsapp reports a location that is typical for the user,
CylancePERSONAcan apply device behaviors that make it easier to access work apps and resources.
CylancePERSONAadds a layer of adaptive security to your organization’s existing
UEMdomain without introducing an additional software footprint. It is a cloud service that collects data from existing
BlackBerrysolutions, including BlackBerry Enterprise Identity and
CylancePERSONAservices gather and process behavioral data, app events, and location data to calculate risk levels for each user in real time:
- Behavioral risk: An assessment of risk based on the user’s typical activities
- IP address risk: An assessment of risk based on the IP addresses that devices connect to
- Continuous authentication app anomaly risk: An assessment of risk based on a model of the user’s typicalBlackBerry Dynamicsapp usage
- Geozone risk: An assessment of risk based on the user’s proximity to learned locations or locations that you define as high or low risk
You can choose which risk engines you want
CylancePERSONAto use. For the different types and levels of risk, you can configure actions that you want
CylancePERSONAto execute when a user meets that risk criteria, including:
- Assigning the user to a localUEMgroup with policies, profiles, apps, and permissions appropriate for that risk level
- Assign aBlackBerry Dynamicsprofile that overrides the profile assigned inUEM
- Temporarily blocking allBlackBerry Dynamicsapps
- Temporarily blocking the specificBlackBerry Dynamicsapp that initiated the risk assessment
After some initial configuration,
CylancePERSONAcontinuously applies adaptive and intelligent security standards to each user’s device and work apps based on the user’s behavior, device usage, and physical location, with no action required by users or administrators.
CylancePERSONAalso adds new functionality to
BlackBerry Enterprise Identityauthentication policies. You can now incorporate a user’s behavioral risk level, geozone risk level, or a defined geozone into the factors that determine the authentication type required for work apps and services. For example, if a user's behavioral risk level is high, you can require the user to enter both a password and use
BlackBerry 2FAto access work apps.