What is BlackBerry Persona?
BlackBerry Personais a cloud service that dynamically adapts the security requirements and behavior of your users' devices and work apps to their real-world contexts. For example, if a
BlackBerry Dynamicsapp reports a location that is not typical for the user,
Personacan dynamically limit the user’s access to work apps, disable device features such as the camera, and enforce stricter authentication requirements. Likewise, if a
BlackBerry Dynamicsapp reports a location that is typical for the user,
Personacan apply device behaviors that make it easier to access work apps and resources.
Personaadds a layer of adaptive security to your organization’s existing
UEMdomain without introducing an additional software footprint. It is a cloud service that collects data from existing
BlackBerrysolutions, including BlackBerry Enterprise Identity and
Personaservices gather and process behavioral data, app events, and location data to calculate risk levels for each user in real time:
- Behavioral risk: An assessment of risk based on the user’s typical activities.
- Continuous authentication app anomaly risk: An assessment of risk based on a model of the user’s typicalBlackBerry Dynamicsapp usage. If an app reports behaviors or events that do not fit the user’s model,Personatriggers an action that you configure (for example, a prompt for authentication or blocking apps).
- Geozone risk: An assessment of risk based on the user’s proximity to learned locations. You can also define custom geozones with static risk levels (for example, a specific office location with a low risk level).
You can choose which risk engines you want
Personato use. For the different types and levels of risk, you can configure actions that you want
Personato execute when a user meets that risk criteria, including:
- Assigning the user to a localUEMgroup with policies, profiles, apps, and permissions appropriate for that risk level
- Assign aBlackBerry Dynamicsprofile that overrides the profile assigned inUEM
- Temporarily blocking allBlackBerry Dynamicsapps
- Temporarily blocking the specificBlackBerry Dynamicsapp that initiated the risk assessment
After some initial configuration,
Personacontinuously applies adaptive and intelligent security standards to each user’s device and work apps based on the user’s behavior, device usage, and physical location, with no action required by users or administrators.
Personaalso adds new functionality to
BlackBerry Enterprise Identityauthentication policies. You can now incorporate a user’s behavioral risk level, geozone risk level, or a defined geozone into the factors that determine the authentication type required for work apps and services. For example, if a user's behavioral risk level is high, you can require the user to enter both a password and use
BlackBerry 2FAto access work apps.