Create user groups to define security standards for different risk levels
You must create and configure local
UEMuser groups that will determine security standards and device behaviors for the different risk levels or for specific geozones that you define. When you create a BlackBerry Persona policy, you will associate each group with one (or more) of the behavioral risk levels, learned geozone risk levels, or defined geozones. Configure each group with the
UEMpolicies, profiles, app assignments, and roles that reflect the desired security standards for that level of risk or for that specific geozone. For example, you can create and configure a group for users with a high behavioral risk level. This group may include policies and profiles that are more restrictive and have greater security requirements than a group that is intended for low-risk users.
Repeat the following task for each group that you want to associate with one or more risk levels or defined geozones. Depending on how you want to configure your environment, you can create a different group for each risk level, you can use the same group for multiple risk levels, or you can choose to not require any action for certain risk levels or risk types (for example, you can choose to take action for geozone risk levels only and not take any action for behavioral risk).
- Optional: Customize the risk engines.
- Create and configure all of the roles, policies, profiles, and app assignments that you want to assign to the local user groups that you will create. For more information about the full range of management options available inUEM, see the BlackBerry UEM Administration content.
- In theUEMmanagement console, on the menu bar, clickGroups.
- Click .
- Type a name and description for the group.
- In the appropriate sections, click to assign user roles, IT policies and profiles, and apps that meet the security standards for the behavioral or geozone risk level that the group is intended for.
- Optional: Define geozones.
- Depending on how you choose to configure yourUEMenvironment and manage the automatic assignment of policies, profiles, roles, and apps usingCylancePERSONA, there may be conflicting assignments thatUEMmust resolve. See Resolving conflicting assignments and precedence rules.