Change the operating mode
BlackBerry Personahas two operating modes:
- Passive: A training mode where thePersonaservices monitor data and build a risk model for each user, but the actions that are configured inPersonapolicies are not executed. The risk factors specified in aBlackBerry Enterprise Identityauthentication policy are not active.
- Active: ThePersonaservices monitor data and build a risk data model for each user. The actions that are configured inPersonapolicies are executed based on each user’s current risk levels. The risk factors specified in aBlackBerry Enterprise Identityauthentication policy are active.
BlackBerry Personaoperates in passive mode. After you configure and assign policies to user accounts,
BlackBerryrecommends using passive mode until regular user activity generates enough events to build accurate risk models and learned geozones for each user.
See Guidelines for developing risk models for suggestions for developing accurate risk models and verifying whether your environment is ready for active mode.
- Optional: Create a BlackBerry Enterprise Identity authentication policy and assign it to user groups.
- In theBlackBerry Persona Analytics Portal, on the menu bar, clickSettings > General settings.
- In theOperating modedrop-down list, click the desired operating mode.