Workspaces Connector for BEMS
A new connector for BEMS has been developed to allow the BlackBerry Work Docs app to access BlackBerry Workspaces repositories. Workspaces repositories are exposed in the Docs app, allowing the user to see Workspaces locations as a place to Save documents. A user can also see Workspaces files when choosing to Open from the Docs app. The connector is able to:
- List, create, and delete workspaces and folders
- List, upload, download, and delete files
For example, a manager receives a sensitive document as an attachment in the Work email app. The manager can tap to download the attachment, then
Save to Docsand choose a Workspaces location to save the file. From the Docs app, the manager can later retrieve the file from the Workspaces location.
Only local workspaces can be accessed, not transient workspaces.
If you are upgrading BEMS, you must redeploy the Workspaces Connector after the upgrade.
The minimum requirements for the Workspaces Connector for BEMS are:
- BlackBerry Enterprise Mobility Server (BEMS) 2.8.7 and above
- BlackBerry Workspaces Server 6.0.0 and above
To configure and deploy the Workspaces Connector for BEMS:
- Create an OAuth Client ID and details for the organization.You must be a Workspaces administrator and have access to Workspaces Rotisserie to perform this step. For some Workspaces clients, this step will need to be performed by BlackBerry Support.
- Log in to Workspaces Rotisserie athttps://<workspaces server>/rotisserie, using a Workspaces admin email and password.
- Select theIdentity Provider Managertab (key icon at upper right).
- Select theOAuth Client Detailstab.
- ClickCreateto create a new OAuth client.
- In theClient Idfield, enter a client id. (e.g.,servername.bems)
- Click the key icon to the right of theClient Secretfield to generate a key.
- Leave the default values as is in theAuthorities,Authorized Grant Types, andAccess Token Validityfields.
- In theWebserver Redirect URIfield, enter the Workspaces FQDN.This field is required for the BEMS Docs App to work properly.
- ClickCreate OAuth Client.
- Install the Workspaces Connector for BEMS.
- BlackBerry will provide a custom .jar (Java ARchive) file to the client, based on the Client ID configuration in the previous step.
- Copy the .jar file to the following BEMS server location:C:\Program Files\BlackBerry\BlackBerry Enterprise Mobility Server\Good Server Distribution\gems-quickstart-x.x.x\deployThe location may be different depending on your BEMS installation.
- If the connector jar is deployed successfully then theWorkspacestype will appear under the Storage Provider dropdown in BEMS.
- Add a new Workspaces connector in the BEMS dashboard.You must be a BEMS administrator to complete the following.
It may take up to an hour or a restart of the apps for storage changes to take effect on user devices. It may take up to five minutes for the changes to take effect on the server. Enabling and disabling storage providers on this page affects what storage resources are visible at any given time for users, but has no such impact on the server.
- Log in to BEMS dashboard athttps://<bems_server>:8443/dashboard.
- Create a new Storage by selecting.
- Enter a name for the storage (e.g., Workspaces).
- SelectWorkspacesfrom theStorage Providerdrop down.
- SelectOAuth2from theAuthentication Providerdrop down. The OAuth2 Base URL format depends on the user's authentication method. The Client ID and Client Secret were defined in the previous steps.
- If the user uses OAuth2 or EID for authentication:https://<FQDN server>/saml-idp/oauth
- If the user logs in with their email address and password:https://<FQDN server>/api/3.0/authentication
- To make the storage available on user devices, selectEnable Storage.
- Add a new Workspaces repository in the BEMS dashboard.
- Add a name in theDisplay Namefield (e.g., Workspaces).
- SelectWorkspacesfrom theStoragedrop down.
- In thePathfield, enter the path to the Workspace repository.
- Configure the rest of the form according to the steps documented in Managing Content Connectors
Once the Workspaces and BEMS configuration are complete, no additional setup is required on the Docs client. The Workspaces connector will be available automatically in the Docs App.
To upgrade to a new version of the connector:
- Go to the/gems-quickstart-x.x.x/deployfolder and delete the existing connector jar.
- Copy the new connector jar to the deploy folder.