- Introducing BlackBerry Workspaces administration console
- Getting started
- Managing resources using Central Management
- Locate entities in Central Management
- Managing users
- Managing workspaces
- Managing distribution lists
- Managing permissions
- Managing documents
- Provisioning users and devices
- Provisioning roles by email domain
- Provisioning roles using Active Directory
- Managing blocked users
- Managing BlackBerry Workspaces apps
- Configuring integrations
- Managing content connectors
- Managing SharePoint protectors
- Managing Windows File Share connectors
- Managing the Workspaces Email Protector
- Enable Office Online integration
- Managing the DocuSign integration
- Managing the Dropbox connector
- Managing the iManage connector
- Workspaces Connector for BEMS
- Setting security policies
- Set file policies
- Set mobile policies
- Set sharing policies
- Set sync policies
- Bring Your Own Key (BYOK)
- Set watermarks as an organizational policy
- Generating logs and reports
- Generate a user activity report
- Generate a workspace activity report
- Generate an audit log
- Generate a licensing report
- Generating usage reports
- Generating storage reports
- Generate an organization activities report
- Generate an authentication activities report
- Configuring BlackBerry Workspaces
- Managing authentication
- Automatically authenticate a user
- Block unprovisioned users from creating accounts
- Configure browser inactivity timeout
- Configure the organization authentication method
- About email authentication
- About username and password authentication
- 1.1About Microsoft Active Directory authentication
- About BlackBerry Enterprise Identity authentication
- About OAuth integration with third-party providers
- About multimode authentication
- About BlackBerry Dynamics authentication
- Simplified login process for internal users
- Configure service accounts
Overview: BlackBerry Workspaces user roles
BlackBerry Workspacesuser roles
Administrators can assign non-administrative user roles to workspace and Exchange senders. These users can access the
BlackBerry Workspaces Web Application, but not the administration console. You can assign more than one of the following roles per user. When multiple roles are assigned, the user has the combined capabilities of the different roles.
Some organization administrator roles are restricted in what rights they can grant to the user roles. For more information, see About assigning user roles.
Workspace owners have a personal workspace that they can manage with workspace administrator capabilities. In addition, workspace owners can create and delete workspaces within their organization.
Senders can send files as protected links. An
Exchange senderdoes not need be a member of any particular group for any particular workspace. This role can be assigned to a user in addition to the other user roles.
Workspace Contributors can create, view, update, and delete documents in the workspaces they are members of, depending on the access permissions for files that are controlled by the Workspace owner or Admin users. Workspace Contributors can also be assigned the role by Workspace Administrators.
Visitors can view documents in a workspace but cannot create or modify them. A visitor is invited to view documents by workspace owners, exchange senders, and workspace contributors, and can be assigned the role by workspace administrators.
Their access permissions for documents are controlled by the user sending them the document, or by the Workspace Owner or Admin users.
MyDox workspace owner
MyDox workspace owners have a personal workspace only, and cannot manage groups. MyDox owners can share files from their personal workspace, and cannot send and receive files in their Inbox and Sent items.
Individual connector workspace owner
Individual connector workspace owners can add and manage external repositories, such as Alfresco, Dropbox, OneDrive for Business, iManage, Sharepoint, and Windows File Share.
Protected users have their email attachments automatically protected according to the organization whitelist and blacklist rules defined in the Email Protector section of the Administration console. These users do not have access to other sharing features unless enabled by a different role.
Legal investigators can download all files with full access from any workspace, including the Recycle bin.
The use of this role must be licensed from