Enable and disable features
The Feature Enablement section is for internal use only.
You can enable and disable features at a system, enterprise, or individual organization level. You must have system administrator permissions to enable or disable features.
Feature enablement is inherited from parent organizations by default. Feature enablement on a system level is inherited by all organizations in the system. Feature enablement on an enterprise organization is inherited by its sub organizations. You can override these inheritance rules by explicitly enabling or disabling a feature on an enterprise or individual organization.
- Log in to the management system as a system administrator.
- In the navigation bar, click .
- In theSystem Setupsection, clickFeature Enablement. The Feature Enablement page opens and displays the features currently available in the system.The Organization column displays the organization where the feature is explicitly enabled. The Enabled column displays the current status of the feature, and whether this value is due to inheritance. For example, True in the Enabled column indicates that the feature is enabled in the current organization, while Inherit (True) indicates that the feature is enabled due to inheritance rules.If a feature has been explicitly enabled or disabled in the organization you are currently logged in to, the feature row appears in bold.
- Click the row for the feature you want to enable or disable.
- On theEdit Feature Enablementwindow, from theEnabledlist, selectTrueto enable the feature,Falseto disable the feature, orInherit. If you select Inherit, the feature status is inherited from the parent organization.The Inherit option is not displayed for a system level organization.
- Optionally, select theForce all children to inheritoption if you want the feature status you are setting to be inherited by all child organizations, regardless of the feature status set on those child organizations.This option is not available for sub organizations.