Run an advanced search for a user
You can run an advanced search for a user that includes organizational hierarchies and user attributes as search criteria.
- In the navigation bar, clickUsers>Users.
- On theUsersscreen, clickAdvanced.
- On theCreate Conditionswindow, select theANDorORoperator. When AND is selected, users must meet all search conditions to be included in the search results. When OR is selected, users that match any of the search conditions are included. The default is AND.
- ClickSelect Attributeand select the attribute you want to add to the search.The list that appears contains all organizational hierarchies and attributes you have access to in the system.
- After you make an attribute selection in Step 4, aSelect Operationfield appears. Select an operation.
- After you make an operation selection in Step 5, a third field appears. Depending on the attribute type selected in Step 4, the third field can be a text-entry field, a drop-down list, a date field, or any other field types listed in Advanced search attribute types. Enter or select a value in the field.For Multi-select Picklist, Single-select Picklist, and Status type attributes, enter characters in the search box to filter the list of attribute values. You can enter characters that appear anywhere in the attribute value.
- Optionally, clickAdd Conditionto add another attribute condition to the search, then repeat steps 4 through 6.
The search results display all users who match the attribute conditions you created.