Create a user
You must be an End Users Manager to create users.
If the "Enterprise Features" setting is enabled in the General Settings of an enterprise organization, the
BlackBerry AtHocsystem enforces user uniqueness in the enterprise organization and its suborganizations. Users created in the enterprise organization or in any of its suborganizations must have a unique username and Mapping ID.
- In the navigation bar, clickUsers>Users.
- On theUsersscreen, clickNew.Fields marked with an asterisk (*) on the New User screen are required.
- On theNew Userscreen, in theBasic Informationsection, enter the following details about the user:
- Username: The name the user is assigned by the system. Usernames are frequently imported from external systems and cannot be edited later.
- First NameandLast Name
- Display Name: The name used to refer to the user within the system, such as bsmith or Jack Jones. This field can be edited later by the end user.
- Organizational Hierarchy: If the organizational hierarchy is available:
- On theSelect the Organizational Positionwindow, navigate to the specific organization the user belongs to.
- Any custom fields added by administrators, including details such as CPR certification status, Emergency Community membership, or special skills.
- Enter a work location and (if applicable) temporary work location.
- In theNumberssection, enter the work, mobile, text messaging, pager, and any other numbers that can be used to contact the user.International numbers and numbers with extensions are supported.BlackBerry AtHocruns a validation check to make sure the number is valid. If it is not, an "Invalid Phone Number" error appears under the text field. You cannot save the new user information until you correct or remove the number.For pagers, only devices that are enabled for the organization appear in the list.
- In theOnline Addressessection, enter work and home email addresses.
- In thePhysical Addressessection, enter work and home addresses.
- In theDistribution List Membershipsection, select the distribution lists the user is a member of.Required memberships are provided by default and cannot be deleted. If you do not have management permissions for a group, the group is read-only.
- In theAdvanced Informationsection, which is configurable for each system, complete all required fields and any optional fields to include in the account details for the user.
- Provide a password that meets the displayed rules, if required.
The details of the new user appear in summary form on the screen. You can return to the Users screen or grant the user operator permissions. For details, see "Grant operator permissions to a user" in the
guide. For quick steps, see
BlackBerry AtHocOperator Roles and Permissions