- In the navigation bar, click .
- In theUserssection, clickUser Authentication.
- On theUser Authenticationscreen, in theAssign Authentication Methods to Applicationssection, select one of the following authentication methods for mobile app from theAuthentication Methodlist:
This section appears only when the mobile app gateway is enabled and configured.
- Smart Card: This option enables smart card authentication. When smart card authentication is enabled, when an operator starts the alert publishing, report summary, or accountability officer respond-on-behalf-of-others (ROBO) flows, a window appears for the operator to select a valid certificate. The certificate must already be present on the operator's device. When a valid certificate is selected, the operator can then complete the flow. If the selected certificate is not valid, the operator is redirected to the username and password login screen. When the operator selects a valid certificate, they are redirected to the mobile app to complete the flow. If the selected certificate is not valid, or the smart card authentication fails, the operator is redirected to authenticate using their username and password.
- Username and Password: This option requires operators to authenticate using theirBlackBerry AtHocusername and password. This option is selected by default and cannot be deselected.
- Optionally, select theCreate New User if an Account is not Foundoption.When this option is enabled, user profiles are created automatically using the mobile app. In this case, the provided email is used as the username. If users are then created by other means such as .csv import, API, or the User Sync Client, and email is not used for the username, duplicate users may be created.