Automatically disable users based on attributes
In organizations where changes to the user base occur frequently, it is often more efficient to automatically disable users based on one or more user attributes. This helps ensure the user base is kept current and database performance is maximized by reducing the number of active users.
For instructions on how to disable users directly from the Users list, see Disable users.
Automatically disabling sponsors also disables their associated dependents users.
- In the navigation bar, click .
- In theUserssection, clickDisable and Delete Users.
- On theDisable and Delete Usersscreen, in theDisable Userssection, select the AND/OR operator. When AND is selected, users must meet all conditions to be added. When OR is selected, users that match any of the conditions are added. The default is AND.
- Click theSelect Attributedrop-down list and select the first attribute to use to identify users to be disabled.
- When you make a selection in theSelect Attributedrop-down list, theSelect Operationdrop-down list appears. Select an option from the list.
- In the field that appears to the right of theSelect Operationfield, enter or select a value.For Multi-select Picklist, Single-select Picklist, and Status type attributes, enter characters in the search box to filter the list of attribute values. You can enter characters that appear anywhere in the attribute value.
- Optionally, to add another condition to the list of criteria that must be met for a user to be disabled, clickAdd Conditionand then repeat steps 3 through 6.When the AND operator is selected, if more than one condition appears in the Disable Users section, all conditions must be met for a user to be disabled.You can use the User Last Updated by Source attribute to search for and disable users. For more information, see Automatically disable users based on the User Last Updated Source attribute.
- SelectDisable users automatically every 7 day(s)to enable a database job that disables users every week.If you do not select this option, you must navigate to this screen and clickDisable Noweach time you want to disable users.
- Optionally, clickCalculateto see the number of users that will be impacted by the criteria you set.
- Optionally, consult theLast Runfield to see the date and time the most recent disable action was performed.
- Optionally, clickDownload Login theLast Run Resultfield to download a list of users who were disabled during the last disable action.
- Optionally, clickDisable Nowif you want to disable the list of users immediately.