Automatically delete users based on attributes
In organizations where changes to the user base occur frequently, it is often more efficient to automatically delete users based on one or more user attributes. For instructions on how to delete users directly from the Users list, see Delete users.
Automatically deleting sponsors also deletes their associated dependent users.
- In the navigation bar, click .
- In theUserssection, clickDisable and Delete Users.
- On theDisable and Delete Usersscreen, in theDelete Userssection, select the AND/OR operator. When AND is selected, users must meet all conditions to be added. When OR is selected, users that match any of the conditions are added. The default is AND.
- Click theSelect Attributedrop-down list and select the first attribute to use to identify users to be disabled.
- When you make a selection in theSelect Attributedrop-down list, theSelect Operationdrop-down list appears. Select an option from the list.
- In the field that appears to the right of theSelect Operationfield, enter or select a value.For Multi-select Picklist, Single-select Picklist, and Status type attributes, enter characters in the search box to filter the list of attribute values. You can enter characters that appear anywhere in the attribute value.
- Optionally, clickAdd Conditionto include another condition that must be met for a user to be deleted.When the AND operator is selected, if more than one condition appears in the Deleted Users section, all conditions must be met for a user to be deleted.You can use the User Last Updated by Source attribute to search for and delete users. For more information, see Automatically delete users based on the User Last Updated Source attribute.
- SelectDelete users automatically every 7 day(s)to enable a database job that will delete users every week.If you do not select this option, you must navigate to this screen and clickDelete Noweach time you want to delete users.
- Optionally, clickCalculateto see the number of users that will be impacted by the criteria you set.
- Optionally, consult theLast Runfield to see the date and time the most recent delete action was performed.
- Optionally, clickDownload Login theLast Run Resultfield to download a list of the users who were deleted during the last delete action.
- Optionally, in thePurge Deleted Userssection, select thePurge deleted users afteroption and select an interval from the pull-down menu to purge deleted users from the system. For more information, see Purge deleted users.
- Optionally, clickDelete Nowif you want to delete the list of users immediately.