Create dependents for a user
You can add dependent accounts for users with family members or others that should receive alerts when they do. Users with dependents are referred to as sponsors. Sponsors and administrators can add a dependent account for anyone who should receive alerts but does not have an account in the
A dependent is a sub account of a sponsor user. The sponsor user has full control to create, edit, and delete their dependents from Self Service.
The operator has the option to include dependents when sending out an alert or requesting accountability status.
Dependents can respond to alerts and update their status for events from the Self Service Inbox if a password is added to their user profile and manual user authentication is enabled for Self Service in the organization.
If a dependent does not respond to an accountability event, the sponsor user may be requested to provide the status of the dependent through the Self Service Inbox.
The layout of the user page for dependent users is different than the layout for sponsors. If there are attributes that should be included for dependents, the administrator must modify the page layout for dependents from
- Log in to theBlackBerry AtHocmanagement system as an administrator.
- In the navigation bar, clickUsers>Users.
- On theUsersscreen, search or scroll down the users list to find the sponsor user you want to add a dependent for.
- Click the row with the sponsor user's name.
- On the user details screen, clickMore Actions>View Dependents.
- On theDependentsscreen, clickNew.
- On theNew Dependentscreen, in theBasic Informationsection, enter a Username, First Name, Last Name, and Display Name. Only a Username is required.
- Optionally, in theOnline Addressessection, add contact information for the dependent.
- Optionally, in thePasswordsection, enter and confirm a password for the dependent. You must enter and confirm a password if you want the dependent to be able to log in to Self Service to view and respond to alerts and events.
- ClickBackto return to the Dependents screen.
- Optionally, repeat Steps 6 to 11 to add additional dependents for the sponsor user.