BlackBerry® AtHoc® set up and administration overview
Administrators create, configure, and manage the organization settings that operators use to communicate with their recipients as well as with other organizations. Setup includes configuring the features used by operators to communicate during situations. This guide covers the following administration tasks:
- The Manage organizations section describes how to create an organization and duplicate an existing organization. To create or migrate an existing set of organizations to an Enterprise model, see the
- The Configure BlackBerry AtHoc settings section describes how to configure the features provided byBlackBerry AtHocto communicate and coordinate with teams and recipients during a crisis. The following topics are covered in this section:
- Configure basic settings: Personalize your organization with a name, welcome or disclaimer text, and an icon. You can also customize the time zone and time formats, configure security policy settings, create a security policy message, and control default page layouts and enterprise features.
- Manage system settings: Configure the name, URL, time zone, database archive directory, system help desk information, support page content, redirection settings, client certificates, and disclaimers for your system.
- Security policy settings: Define password rules and complexity, enforce system-wide password updates, set session timeout, limit active sessions, configure smart card authentication settings, and enable CAPTCHA validation.
- Monitor system health: Create, view, edit, enable, disable, delete, and refresh system health monitors.
- View the diagnostic log: Run basic and advanced searches of the diagnostic log.
- Organizations Manager: Create organizations, enable and disable features, manage integrated device agents, provision applications for the web API, view the operator audit trail report and the alerts usage summary report.
- Manage system jobs: View details about system jobs, create and export a system diagnostics report.
- Configure device gateways: Configure the mobile app andAtHocCloud Delivery Service gateways.
- Configure devices: Enable and disable devices, manage mass communication devices, configure giant voice devices, configure theAtHoc Connectorganization network, manage the Cloud Services gateway, configure RSS and XML feed information and failover delivery gateways.
- Configure desktop app settings: Select general desktop software options, customize the desktop client system tray, configure client server communications and failover settings, and set the desktop software authentication type.
For information about creating and managing alert templates, specifying alert folders, managing delivery templates, and managing audio settings, see the
For information about managing settings for incoming alerts, see the
For information about granting permissions for working with
AtHoc Connectand updating sector visibility in the Connect profile, see the
For information about settings related to users and user attributes, including creating, deleting, and editing user attributes and automatically disabling or deleting users based on attributes, see the