Configure the mobile app gateway
Configure the Mobile App gateway settings to deliver alerts to and receive alerts from the mobile device.
BlackBerry AtHoccustomer support for assistance in setting up the
BlackBerry AtHocmobile app. Before you begin this process, you should also contact your system administrator to get the NDS address used for the notification delivery server.
- In the navigation bar, click .
- In theDevicessection, clickMobile App.The Mobile App gateway configuration screen opens with the default settings that are listed in the following table.OptionDescriptionNotification Delivery Server SettingsNotification Delivery Server Addresshttps://mobile.athoc.comUsernameMust be between 3 and 100 characters long.PasswordMust be between 3 and 100 characters long.Debug TraceDefault:NoYesAvoid performance degradation by enabling debug tracing for the mobile delivery gateway only while actively debugging the mobile notifications for the mobile app.FeaturesAlertsSelected. Available for all users.CollaborationSelected. Available for all users and operators.MapNot selected. Available for all users.Alert PublishingSelected. Available for operators only.Advanced FeaturesSelected. When selected, advanced features display. Select a distribution list to give access to advanced features to a group of users. Options include:
For more information about advanced features, see Role-based permissions for the mobile app.SettingsPhoto QualityDefault:LowHighVideo QualityDefault:LowHighEmergency Contact NumberDesignate the emergency contact telephone number. If no phone number is entered in the field, the mobile app will not have an emergency contact number button.Support Email AddressEnter an email address that administration log and feedback from the mobile app can be sent to.Enable Mobile AnalyticsCollects mobile app usage analytics. No personal, private, or sensitive information is collected.Default:NoYesEnable Personal Alert ButtonEnables sending an emergency using a paired personal alert button. Emergencies must be enabled in Advanced Features.Default:YesNoEnable Jail-Break/Root DetectionEnables the mobile app to check if the device OS security has been compromised.Default:NoYesSend Location with ResponseSends user location information with alert or event responses.Default:YesNoUser ChoiceEnables each mobile user to choose whether to send location information with alert or event responses.Default:NoYesThis option is visible only when "Yes" is selected for Send Location with Response.You should use the default values to set up and configure theBlackBerry AtHocmobile app.
- Check In/Check Out
- Tracking: When this option is selected, the Tracking Interval option displays. Select a tracking interval.
- My Profile Page: When this option is selected, the "Show Preferred language selection to support bilingual alerts" option displays.
- ClickCopy Default Settings.
- In theNotification Delivery Server Addressfield, enter the NDS address you received from your system administrator. By default, the URL points tomobile.athoc.com.
- Add the user name and password provided byBlackBerry AtHoc.
- In theFeaturessection, select the options that will be available to users when they are using their mobile device:
- Alerts: Users can receive alerts.
- Collaboration: Enables the Collaboration feature for all users and operators.
- Alert Publishing: Operators can publish alerts.
- Advanced Features: Advanced features are available to a selected group of users. When you select this option, advanced features are displayed. Each mobile feature in the Advanced Features section includes its own menu to select a distribution list. To learn about the advanced features, see Role-based permissions for the mobile app.
- In theSettingssection, select the photo and video quality.
- In theEmergency Contact Numberfield, enter the phone number of the operations center to which emergencies are sent from mobile devices.
- In theSupport Email Addressfield, enter an email address where logs are sent for error debugging.
- In theEnable Mobile Analyticssection, select whether to enable the mobile app to collect usage analytics.
- In theEnable Personal Alert Buttonsection, select whether to enable users to send an emergency duress message using a paired personal alert button.
- In theEnable Jail-Break/Root Detectionsection, select whether to enable the mobile app to check if the device OS security has been compromised.
- In theSend Location with Responsesection, select whether to send location information with alert or event responses. WhenNois selected, location information is prevented from being returned with alert or event responses even if mobile location services are active on the mobile device.
- In theUser Choicesection, select whether to enable mobile users to choose to send location information with alert or event responses. This option is only available whenYesis selected in theSend Location with Responsesection.