Grant operator permissions to a user
When you grant operator permissions to a user, you select which roles the user has in
BlackBerry AtHoc. The roles a user has determine the
BlackBerry AtHocfeatures they can access. The roles that can be assigned to users are determined by the enable features in an organization.
Only Organization Administrators, Enterprise Administrators, and System Administrators can grant operator permissions to users. Operators cannot update their own permissions. Operators cannot assign or revoke higher level operator permissions than their own permissions. For example, an operator with Organization Administrator permissions can revoke or grant Organization Administrator permissions to another operator, but cannot grant Enterprise Administrator or System Administrator permissions.
- Create a user or select an existing user. After you create a new user and clickSave, the user details screen appears.
- ClickGrant Operator Permissions.
- On theOperator Permissionsscreen, click theOperator Roleslist and select the roles you want to assign to the user.As you select roles, they appear on the screen under the Operator Roles drop-down list. If you select more than three roles, the first three are displayed, and the rest can be seen by clicking the scrollbar that appears in the field.ClickOperator Roles and Permissions Matrixto view a complete mapping ofBlackBerry AtHocroles and their capabilities.
- Optionally, enter and confirm a password that meets the specified requirements.
- Optionally, select the check boxes to specify if the user must change their password at next login, and whether the password expires.
You can also grant operator permissions using the Import Operators feature. For more information, see Importing and exporting operators.