Create a Connect alert rule
Add a new rule to specify what happens when a Connect alert is received in the Inbox.
- From the navigation bar, clickAlertsorOrganizations.
- ClickAlert Rules. The Connect tab is open by default.
- ClickNew Rule.
- On theNew Rulescreen, in theGeneralsection, enter a rule name in theName.
- In theConditionssection, create a condition that triggers the rule:
- ClickAdd Condition.
- Select from the list of existing attributes:
In alerts triggered based on Connect rules, the severity and type is retained from the original alert. The severity and type in the selected template are overwritten.
- Severity: The importance of the incoming alert (High, Moderate, Low, Informational or Unknown.)
- Source Organization: The list of your existing connections (the organizations that can send alerts to your organization.)
- Title: The title of the incoming alert.
- Type: The type of alert, such as “Geophysical” or “Safety.”
- Select an operation that defines the relationship between the attribute and the value. For example,equalsornot equals.
- Enter or select the value of the attribute, such as “Fire”.For example, the condition might look like the following:Type equals “Fire”Attribute values that contain multiple items are separated by commas. If one or more of the values is true, the condition is met.
- In theActionssection, in thePublish Alertfield, select an alert template to be published when the conditions of the rule are met.For example, if the title of the incoming alert contains the word “fire”, you might select a template called “Emergency: Fire” to publish an alert to the fire department.
- To use the response options from the incoming alert, selectUse sender response options and return first response to sender.When this option is selected, the response options from the incoming alert are copied to the triggered alert. Additionally, the first response that is received is sent to the sender of the incoming alert.
- SelectStop processing more rulesto prevent more rules from being processed after the current rule. This option prevents the processing of the next rule or rules that match the same incoming alert.
When an incoming Connect or mobile app alert from a connected organization triggers another alert, any attachments in the incoming alert are not included in the triggered alert.