Duplicate an alert template
Duplicating an alert template creates a copy of it in the system and can be used to speed up creating similar templates. You can duplicate any alert template that contains a check box beside its name.
- In the navigation bar, clickAlerts>Alert Templates.
- On theAlert Templatespage, use the search field or scroll down in the alert template list to locate the alert template you want to duplicate.
- Select the check box beside the alert template name.If the template does not have a check box beside its name, it cannot be duplicated.
- ClickMore Actions>Duplicate.A New Alert Template screen appears, displaying all of the values that were part of the original alert template.
- Make any needed changes to the alert template details.At a minimum, you should change the name of the alert template so that you can distinguish it from the original.
- ClickPreview and Save.
- On the preview screen, review the template content.
The screen refreshes and the new alert template appears in the list on the Alert Templates screen.
If there are attachments in the alert template, alerts created from that template include the attachments. The attachments can be removed and additional attachments can be added.