Create an alert template
Advanced Alert Managers and administrators can create new alert templates.
- In the navigation bar, clickAlerts>Alert Templates.
- On theAlert Templatesscreen, clickNew.
- On theNew Templatescreen, select or enter values in the following sections. For more information on completing each section, click the links to theguide:BlackBerry AtHocCreate and Publish Alerts
- Alert Template: Define alert template details
- Target Users: Target users
- Select Personal Devices: Select personal devices for an alert or alert template
- Target Organizations: TargetAtHoc Connectorganizations (If this has been enabled for your organization.)
- Mass Devices: Select and configure mass devices for an alert or alert template (Only available in English-language alert templates.)
- Configure the schedule for the alert template. See Configure the schedule for an alert or alert template.
- ClickPreview and SaveorSave.
- On the alert template preview screen, do any of the following:
- In theOriginal Contentsection, review the title, body, response options, more info links, location, attachments, and targeted users, groups, and organizations in the original alert template content.
- In theDevice Summarysection, review the selected devices. This section displays the percentage of targeted users that are reachable by each selected device. This section also displays any selected device delivery preferences and mass devices.
- If Email is a targeted device, review and edit how the email alert will appear to end users in theEmail Previewsection. You can do any of the following:
Your formatting updates are displayed in theEmail Previewsection.
- Select theInclude Mapoption to include the location selected in the template as a map in the alert. Users who receive the alert can click the image of the map in the alert to go to an interactive map. This option is only available when a location is selected in the Content section.
- Select a custom delivery template from theCustom Templatepull-down menu.BlackBerry AtHocprovides default templates for each alert severity: High, Moderate, Low, Informational, and Unknown. If you do not select a template, the custom delivery template associated with the selected alert severity is used. If a template is selected, that email delivery template will always be used with email alerts.If you select a custom template that your email delivery system does not support, the default template is used.
- ClickEdit & Format. On theEdit & Formatdialog, use the text editing tools to modify the formatting of the title and body text. ClickApply.Do not edit the title or body of any email alert template that requires additional details when published. Email templates should be edited only during publishing. Use this option only for alerts with content that does not change.
Add bilingualoption is selected in the template settings, the
Preview and Savebutton is not available. Click