Use system placeholders for alert template content
The alert template can contain predefined system placeholders in the title or body of the alert. The placeholders are replaced automatically with the appropriate values when the alert is published.
System placeholders can also be added during alert publishing. Alert placeholders can only be added to alert templates.
The following Content fields support placeholders:
- Alert title
- Alert body
- Response options
- Custom text within Targeted Devices
The following list describes the system placeholders:
- System-related: [[SystemName]], [[OrganizationName]], [[OrganizationID]],
- Date or Time-related: [[Timezone]]
- Publisher-related: [[OperatorFullName]], [[PublishDate]], [[PublishTime]]
- In the navigation bar, clickAlerts>Alert Templates.
- Click an existing alert template to open an editable details screen orNewto create a new alert template.
- In theContentsection, click in theTitle,Body, orResponse Options: Enter Response Textfields.
- Select the appropriate alert placeholder option for the alert template.Double brackets [[ ]] around the alert placeholder name in the selected field indicate that you have added the alert placeholder correctly.
An operator can then select the correct alert placeholder values when preparing to publish an alert.