Remove alert placeholders
You cannot remove alert placeholders that are currently in use in an alert template. If you try to delete the alert placeholder, a pop-up screen appears, listing each of the alert templates the alert placeholder is used in.
To remove alert placeholders from the Alert Placeholders screen, complete the following steps:
- In the navigation bar, clickAlerts>Alert Placeholders. The Alert Placeholders screen appears, displaying a list of all of the alert placeholders you have access to in the system.
- Click the alert placeholder that you want to remove.
- On the placeholder details screen, clickDelete.
- If the placeholder is used in any alert templates, a list of dependencies will appear. In order to delete the placeholder, you must first remove the dependencies by completing the following steps:
- Open each alert template the alert placeholder is being used in.
- Manually remove the alert placeholder.
- Save your changes.
- Return to the placeholder details view and clickDelete.
The alert placeholder is removed from the alert placeholders list.