Create custom placeholders for alert templates
Alert placeholders can be created at the enterprise or organization level. Inheritance rules can have an impact on who can use them, so verify that you are creating them at the correct organization level. For more information, see “Manage common content with inheritance” in the
BlackBerry AtHocPlan and Manage Enterprise Organizations
You can create alert placeholders for alert templates so that operators can customize the content during publishing. For example, if your organization needs to create alert templates that reference building numbers, you can create an alert placeholder called
building_number. When operators publish the alert template, they can select the correct building number for that instance of the alert template.
- In the navigation bar, clickAlerts.
- ClickAlert Placeholders. Alternately, you can access alert placeholders from theSettingsscreen.
- On theAlert Placeholdersscreen, clickNew.
- In the drop-down list, select one of the following alert placeholder types:
The Organization field on the screen that appears tells you at which level you are creating the placeholder: Enterprise or organization.
- Multi-select Picklist: Alert creators can select one or more of the values in the list and have them appear in the alert when it is published.
- Single-select Picklist: Alert creators can select one of the values in the list and have it appear in the alert when it is published.
- Text: Alert publishers are prompted to enter text that conforms to a minimum and maximum length. You can designate how many lines of text to display in the text box as well as set default text.
- Date: Alert creators can accept the pre-set date or manually enter a new date before the alert is published.
- Date Time: Alert creators can accept the pre-set date and time or manually enter a new date and time before the alert is published.
- Time: Alert creators can accept the pre-set time or manually enter a new time before the alert is published
- In theBasicsection, enter a name for the alert placeholder. The name must be between 1 and 200 characters and must be unique in the system.
- Specify values and defaults for the alert placeholder, depending on the type.
- Multi-select Picklist
- Enter at least two unique values that have between 1 and 50 characters. Angle brackets (<>) are not allowed.
- You can import the values from an existing text or .csv file. For more information, see Import alert placeholder values.
- Click the check box of at least one value to set it as the default.
- Single-select Picklist
- Enter at least one unique value between 1 and 50 characters. Angle brackets (< >) are not allowed.
- You can import one or more values from a text or .csv file. For more information, see Import alert placeholder values.
- The name is case insensitive.
- Select the check box of at least one value to set it as the default.
- Text: Enter numerical values for the minimum length, the maximum length, and the number of lines to show. Angle brackets (< >) are not allowed.
- Set the Minimum length to a value between 1 and 400 characters.
- Set the Maximum length to a value between 1 and 400 characters.
- Set the value for Lines to show to a value between 1 and 5. This value controls the height of the text box on the alert publishing screen.
- Enter a text string for the Default value, with the number of characters between the Minimum length and the Maximum length.
- Date: Select the default date for the placeholder.
- Date Time: Select the default date and time for the placeholder.
- Time: Select the default time for the placeholder.
The alert placeholder is created and appears in the Placeholder list for all alert creators who have access to the Enterprise or organization the placeholder was created in.