Request a new external event type
If the external event type you need is not listed on the External Events settings page, you can submit a request to add it. Go to the
BlackBerry AtHocsupport portal at: https://www.blackberry.com/us/en/support/enterpriseapps/athoc/support-request.
RSS, Geo-JSON, CAP, and ATOM formats are supported.
The requested feed should:
- Include geolocation information for events. For example, earthquakes in San Jose, California, or winter storms in Toronto, Canada.
- Provide consistent location data and event type information.
- Be applicable to a regional (for example U.S. West Coast), national, or international area.
Include the following information in the support request form:
- Event Type keyword. For example, Weather, Fire, Geological, Protest, civil unrest, or bomb threat.
- Region. For example, United States (Country), UK, or Global.
- Feed source URL. For example, https://tools.cdc.gov/api/v2/resources/media/404952.rss
- Customer details, including name and contact information.
- Justification for the use case.