Enable enterprise features
You can manage user accounts from the enterprise organization or from a suborganization if user uniqueness is enforced in your enterprise. When uniqueness is enforced, the system checks for uniqueness of usernames and mapping IDs in the enterprise organization and suborganizations when a new user is created from the desktop app, Self Service, SDK, or through the
BlackBerry AtHocmanagement system. When user uniqueness is enforced, the following items are enabled:
- A single enterprise desktop app: Set up the desktop client to connect to the enterprise. The desktop client will then search for users across the enterprise and connect to the correct suborganization. If the user is not found, a new user is created in the enterprise.
- A single enterprise Self Service URL: Users in any suborganization can log in using the same Self Service URL for the enterprise organization or suborganization.
- Mobile registration from an enterprise organization code: Users can register from their mobile device using the organization code for the enterprise or for any suborganization.
- Enterprise user import and export: Users can be imported into any suborganization directly from the enterprise organization. Users from suborganizations can be exported from the enterprise.
- User move: Users can be moved from one suborganization to another. You can move users between suborganizations through the Users page in the management system, or through the import process.
Unique email addresses are not enforced in the
BlackBerry AtHocsystem when user uniqueness is enabled. However, it is a best practice to have a unique email address for each user in your enterprise and suborganizations.