View alert lifecycle results
You can view the publishing lifecycle for an alert to trace the progress of the alert and determine how it was handled during delivery. The lifecycle shows information such as the following:
- When the alert went through the delivery gateway
- If a failure prevented the alert from being delivered
- If the alert needed to be redirected because of a gateway failover
You can also check the batch process to determine if the alert was delivered.
To view the publishing lifecycle events, complete the following steps:
- Open the alert summary and do one of the following:
- After sending the alert, clickAlert Summaryin the completed alert, then clickAdvanced Reportsat the top of the screen.
- In the navigation bar, clickAlerts>Sent Alerts.
- On theSent Alertsscreen, click the live or ended alert you want to see lifecycle results for.
- ClickAdvanced Reports.
- On the report screen, scroll to thePublishing Lifecyclesection.
- Check to see that the alert was marked as Live.
- In thePublish Alert messagesfield, check for batch reports, and then clickShow Detailsto see a detailed log.A batch contains the alerts for each targeted user and is sent to a delivery gateway corresponding to the personal or mass devices targeted in the alert. The batch report tracks the delivery of the batch to the gateway and whether it was successful.It shows if there was a problem with the batch and whether it had to be sent to another gateway for delivery. This is called batch recovery.
- Check to see that the recipients were populated.If you have specified backup delivery gateways for the targeted devices, you might see additional batch reports if messages were redirected to a backup gateway because of a failover.