Target groups in alerts or alert templates
Using the By Groups tab, publishers can target groups of users based on their memberships in organizational hierarchical nodes or distribution lists. The alert is sent to users within the selected groups. Users who belong to multiple targeted groups receive a single alert.
The publisher can also block recipient groups (exclude them from alert delivery.)
The Group target categories displayed are:
- Organizational Hierarchy: If your system is set up for them
- Distribution Lists: Static and dynamic
- Targetable Attributes: Any attributes that have been selected as targeting criteria
The administrator can restrict the contents of these categories for each publisher. For example, a publisher might have permission to view only one of four organizational hierarchies.
- In theTarget Userssection, clickBy Groupsif it is not already selected.
- In theGroupsfield, select the check box next to each group or distribution list that you want to target.If you select a group or distribution list that contains sub groups or sub distribution lists, those are also automatically selected. Click the check box next to a selected sub group or sub distribution list to name to deselect it. If you select all sub groups or sub distribution lists manually, the parent group or distribution list is not selected automatically.The presence of a black square (or a black hyphen if you are usingGoogle Chrome) in a check box indicates that some of its sub groups or sub distribution lists are selected and some are not.