Create a custom recorded message for an alert or alert template
Audio files are compressed to 8 bits before an alert is delivered. The quality of the recorded voice that is delivered to the end user may be different from the quality of the original audio file.
Recorded messages are supported only on Chrome and Firefox browsers.
- In theTarget Userssection, click theSelect Personal Devicestab.
- In thePersonal Devicessection, select the check boxes beside the phone devices to use as targeting methods.
- On thePersonal Devices Optionsscreen, click thePhonetab.
- In thePhone Message Contentsection, selectSend Recorded Message.
- ClickRecord New Message.
- On theRecord New Messagewindow, clickRecordand then start speaking.As you speak, the timer on the screen counts down, showing you how many more seconds you can record. By default, the timer is set to 1 minute.
- When you have finished recording the message, clickStop.
- Optionally, click to listen to your message.
- Optionally, if you want to re-record the message, clickRecord.
- When you are satisfied with the recording, clickUse Recording.The Personal Devices Options screen appears, with the Phone tab displayed and the filename field populated with a system-generated name for your recording.
- Optionally, click to download your message as a .wav file.
- Optionally, make selections in the other fields on thePhonetab.
The recorded message is added and will be played when the alert is sent.