Enable geofence targeting
For more information about geofence alerts, see Publish a geofence alert.
- The IsGeoFenceSupported feature must be enabled inSettings>System Setup>Feature Enablement.
- At least one predefined or custom perimeter must be selected on the map.
- The Location option must be selected on the Content tab of the alert template settings.
- The By Location option must be selected on the Target Users tab of the alert template settings.
- In theContentsection of an alert or alert template, in theLocationsection, clickAdd. The publisher map opens.
- Do one of the following:
For more information, see Select an alert or event location.
- ClickCreate Custom Locationsto display the drawing tools for creating shapes. Click a shape button and then click and drag on the map to select the location you want to use in the alert or event. You can add multiple custom locations.
- ClickSelect Predefined Locations, and select any of the layers that have been created for you. When you select a layer, the map updates to display the layer location on the screen. Select one or more predefined locations in the layer by clicking them on the map or selecting them from the drop-down menu. As you make selections, the locations are highlighted on the map.
- ClickApply. The Targeting Summary section updates to display the total number of locations on the map that will be used to target recipients.
- In theLocationsection, select theEnable Geofence Targetingoption.
- In theTarget Userssection, clickBy Advanced Query. By default, users who have a location attribute in the selected locations and who have a Last Known Location attribute updated within the last 4 hours are targeted.
- Optionally, clickmap selection(s)to change the selected locations.
- Optionally, enter a number and selectMinute(s),Hour(s), orDay(s)to change the timeframe for the Last Known Location attribute.
- Optionally, in theTargeting Summarysection, click the number besideBy Locationto open a map that shows the targeted locations.
- ClickReview and Publish. The following message is displayed: You have selected geofence targeting. All users entering the selected locations will be added to the targeted user base.