Add an attachment using Dropbox
Visibility of the
Choose from Dropboxbutton is controlled by an organization setting so it might not be active for your organization. If it is active, you must first register with Dropbox and then sign in before you can attach files. Details on how to register and sign in are presented below.
If you want to include an attachment in an alert, alert template, event, or event template, you can upload media or documents on Dropbox and then include a link to that attachment within the alert, event, or template you are creating. To add a link to an attachment stored in Dropbox, complete the following steps:
- In theContentsection of the alert, event, or template, clickChoose from Dropbox.
- Enter your Dropbox username and password. If you do not have a Dropbox account, clickcreate an accountunder theSign Inbutton to create one.Although you need to set up an account in order to access Dropbox, you can use theChoose from Dropboxbutton to select files stored in the cloud or add files from your local drive without having to install the full Dropbox application on your computer.
- ClickChoose files.
- Navigate to the file you want to upload, then clickOpen.
- Click the filename in your Dropbox homepage, then click theSharelink that appears in the same row.
- Copy the link location that appears in theLink to filefield.
- Paste the link location into theMore Info Linkfield in theContentsection of the alert, event, or template you are creating.