Add a bilingual alert
Operators can send an alert in two languages. The Bilingual Alert feature enables operators to send an alert in both an original language, and in a second language. Users can then choose a preferred language to receive alerts in.
The Bilingual Alerts feature does not support the following types of alerts:
- Connect rules
- Mobile events
- BlackBerry Feed Service (BFS)
- The IsBilingualAlertSupported feature must be enabled by a System Administrator inSettings>System Setup>Feature Enablementfor the super enterprise, enterprise, or suborganization.
- TheAdd Bilingualoption must be enabled in the alert template inAlert Template Settings>Content.
- In theContentsection of an alert, in theAdd Bilingualfield, clickAdd.
- On theTranslation Languagedialog, clickChange Language.
- Select a language from theSelect Languagepull-down menu. The title, body, and response options are displayed in the original language on the left and in the selected language on the right.A response option is required.
- Review the translated text and make any necessary edits.
If you make any changes to the alert title, body, or response options, click
Add Bilingualfield. On the
Translation Languagedialog, click
Refresh Translationand then click