Run a basic search for a user
Before you run a search, see Search engine overview for important information on how the search engine works.
- In the navigation bar, clickUsers.
- Optionally, in theSearchfield, type or paste into the text box all or part of any of the following user-related search criteria: display name, first name, last name, username.
- Optionally, in theSearchfield, type or paste into the text box all or part of any of the following group-related search criteria: hierarchy node name, distribution list name.
- Click to view the results.The criteria you used so far appear within a pill beneath the Search field. Each time you add new criteria and click the Search button, a new pill appears next to the previous pills under the Search field.If the search criteria is too long to fit within the pill, the pill will display ellipses.Each time a new pill is added, the total count of matching results is updated in the field below the Search field.
- To remove a pill, click theXicon in it. The search results update to display all users that match the remaining search criteria.