Prioritize personal devices
Operators can set the priority of alert delivery by device type for end users. When enabled, the device delivery preference feature prevents end uses from receiving the same alert on multiple devices. When device delivery preference is enabled, and user preferred is selected as the device delivery preference in an alert or event template, end users receive alerts on their enabled devices in the order specified in the user's profile.
- Device delivery preference must be enabled for the organization.
- At least one personal device must be enabled in the organization.
- The user must have at least one enabled device with an address in their profile.
- You must have enterprise administrator, organization administrator, end user manager, alert manager, or advanced alert manager permissions to prioritize personal devices for a user.
- Log in to theBlackBerry Alertmanagement system.
- On theUserspage, select the user you want to update.
- On the user details page, clickMore Actions>Prioritize Personal Devices.
- On thePrioritize personal devicewindow, click and drag to reorder the device. Personal devices are prioritized according to their position in the list, with the highest priority device appearing on top.