Automatically disable users based on attributes
In organizations where changes to the user base occur frequently, it is often more efficient to automatically disable users based on one or more user attributes. This helps ensure the user base is kept current and database performance is maximized by reducing the number of active users.
For instructions on how to disable users directly from the Users list, see Disable users.
Automatically disabling sponsors also disables their associated dependents users.
- In the navigation bar, click .
- In theUserssection, clickDisable and Delete Users.
- On theDisable and Delete Usersscreen, select the AND/OR operator. When AND is selected, users must meet all conditions to be added. When OR is selected, users that match any of the conditions are added. The default is AND.
- In theDisable Userssection, click the drop-down list in theSelect Attributecolumn and select the first attribute you want to use to identify users to be disabled.
- As soon as you make a selection in theUser Attributedrop-down list, theSelect Operatordrop-down list appears. Select an option from the list.
- In the field that appears to the right of theSelect Operatorfield, enter or select a value.
- Optionally, to include another condition to the list of criteria that must be met in order for a user to be disabled, clickAdd Conditionbelow theDisable Userssection, and then repeat steps 3 through 6.When the AND operator is selected, if more than one condition appears in the Disable Users section,allof the conditions must be met in order for a user to be disabled.
- SelectDisable users automatically every 7 day(s)to enable a database job that disables users every week.If you do not select this option, you will have to navigate to this screen and click theDisable Nowbutton each time you want to disable users
- If you are unsure how many current users will be impacted by the criteria you set in steps 3 through 6, clickCalculateto see the total number.
- Optionally, consult theLast Runfield to see the date and time the most recent disable action was carried out.
- Optionally, clickDownload Login theLast Run Resultfield to download a list of all of the users who were disabled during the last disable action.
- Optionally, clickDisable Nowif you want to disable the list of users immediately.