Automatically delete users based on attributes
In organizations where changes to the user base occur frequently, it is often more efficient to automatically delete users based on one or more user attributes. For instructions on how to delete users directly from the Users list, see Delete users.
Automatically deleting sponsors also deletes their associated dependent users.
- In the navigation bar, click .
- In theUserssection, clickDisable and Delete Users.
- On theDisable and Delete Usersscreen, select the AND/OR operator. When AND is selected, users must meet all conditions to be added. When OR is selected, users that match any of the conditions are added. The default is AND.
- In theDelete Userssection, click the drop-down list in theSelect Attributecolumn and select the first attribute you want to use as a means of identifying users to be deleted.
- As soon as you make a selection in theUser Attributedrop-down list, theSelect Operatordrop-down list appears. Select an option from that list.
- In the field that appears to the right of theSelect Operatorfield, enter or select a value.
- Optionally, clickAdd Conditionbelow theDelete Userssection, then repeat steps 3 through 6 to include another condition to the list of criteria that must be met in order for a user to be deleted.When the AND operator is selected, if more than one condition appears in the Deleted Users section,allof the conditions must be met in order for a user to be deleted.
- SelectDelete users automatically every 7 day(s)to enable a database job that will delete users every week.If you do not select this option, you will have to navigate to this screen and click the Delete Now button each time you want to delete users.
- If you are unsure how many current users will be impacted by the criteria you set in steps 3 through 7, clickCalculateto get the total number.
- Optionally, consult theLast Runfield to see the date and time the most recent delete action was carried out.
- Optionally, clickDownload Login theLast Run Resultfield to download a list of all of the users who were deleted during the last delete action.
- Optionally, in thePurge Deleted Userssection, select thePurge deleted users afteroption and select an interval from the pull-down menu to purge deleted users from the system. For more information, see Purge deleted users.
- Optionally, clickDelete Nowif you want to delete the list of users immediately.