Specify system settings options
Use the System Settings options tab to configure the name, URL, time zone, database archive directory, system help desk information, and support page content link that are displayed throughout the
BlackBerry Alertsystem. You can also configure the client certificate and
BlackBerry AlertCloud Services (PSS) settings.
- Log in to theBlackBerry Alertmanagement system as an administrator.
- Change to theSystem Setup (3)organization.
- In the navigation bar, click .
- In theSystem Setupsection, clickSystem Settings.
- ClickEditto configure the global settings described in the following sections.
System setup parameters
In this section, determine the following values:
- Name: Unique name for eachBlackBerry Alertinstallation
- Identifier: Unique identifier for the organization determined when the organization is created
- System Setup URL: Web address forBlackBerry Alert
- Desktop Traffic URL: Web address for theBlackBerry Alertdesktop app
- Time Zone: The time zone for the application server
- Database Archive Directory: Location where the database is archived. Provide the full path name relative to the computer thatBlackBerry Alertis installed on.
Customize messages for the operator in every organization in the system. Within this section, you can configure the following:
- Management System Help: Display support information text that displays on the log on screen. Typical information includes directions or link when the user forgets their password. HTML formatting is supported.
- System Disclaimer Message: Display a required disclaimer, such as limitations on liability or use of copyrighted materials. The limit is 4,000 characters. The disclaimer can display as a splash screen before operators log in or as a banner in theBlackBerry Alertdesktop window. The banner displays regardless of the module selected from the Navigation bar. For example, use a banner to notify operators that the information they are currently viewing is classified and protected from unauthorized use.
Select the check box to enable client redirection. Client redirection allows you to set up redirection rules for the desktop app. To configure redirection rules for the desktop app, click
Specify client certificates for the client machine. If you are using a Mobile Alerting Service (MAS) laptop, ensure that it has the same certificate settings. Use the Microsoft Management Console (MMC) snap-in tool to view certificates on a Windows computer. To access, type
Startmenu field. Within this section, you can configure the following:
- Client Certificate: Select this check box to append a client certificate.
- Subject: Enter the value of the Subject parameter found on the Details tab of the certificate settings.
- Store Name: Certificates are found in stores. SpecifyPersonalor one of the options in the drop-down list.
- Store Location: The stores are located either in the current user store or the local machine store.
Alert cloud services
Alert Cloud Services checks for messages sent between
BlackBerry Alertand the mobile application. Within this section, you can configure the following:
- Enable Cloud Services: Select this check box to use the Mobile App.
- Server Address: Enter the name of the server URL for Alert Cloud Services. The server address is provided byBlackBerry Alertcustomer support.
- Username: Enter the username that the Polling Agent for Alert Cloud Services uses when it polls requests from the service. The username is provided byBlackBerry Alertcustomer support.
- Password: Enter the password that the Polling Agent uses when polling requests from the service. The password is provided byBlackBerry Alertcustomer support.
System data maintenance
Specify the frequency of records maintenance for the system.
- Event Viewer: Enter the number of days after which event records are deleted.
- Desktop Sessions: Enter the number of days after which data is deleted for sessions of the desktop app.
- Geo History: Enter the number of days after which historical data for geolocation data is deleted.