Configure scheduled location access
The scheduled location access feature enables operators to actively track a group of users for a selected interval. Scheduled location access enables operators to more accurately track where mobile personnel are without relying on end users performing manual check-ins and check-outs from the mobile app. When location access is enabled, the last known location for all users in the selected distribution lists are updated at the configured interval. Operators can then target alerts and events by geolocation based on users' locations. End users receive a notification on their mobile app when tracking starts. By default, end users have the option to opt out from the location tracking.
If a user belongs to multiple distribution lists that are selected for tracking, the tracking interval for that user is set to the lowest selected tracking interval.
- The Mobile App gateway and mobile app device must be enabled.
- Scheduled location access must be enabled inSettings>Feature Enablement.
- Distributions lists for targeting must be created.
- In the navigation bar, click .
- In theBasicsection, clickMobile Alert Settings.
- On theMobile Alert Settingspage, clickScheduled Location Access.
- On theSchedule Location Accessscreen, select a distribution list.
- Optionally, select anInterval. The default is 24 hours.
- Select one or more days of the week for theRecurrence. All days are selected by default.
- From theStart DateandStart Timefields, select when to begin tracking.
- From theEnd DateandEnd Timefields, select when to stop tracking, or selectNo End Date.
- Optionally, selectEnforce geolocation (No Opt-out). If this option is selected, the end user does not receive the opt-out option on the mobile app when tracking begins.