Install or upgrade the BlackBerry 2FA server
Complete the following steps to install the
BlackBerry 2FAserver or upgrade the server from an older version.
Whether you are using
BlackBerry UEM Cloudor an on-premises instance of
BlackBerry UEM, the
BlackBerry 2FAserver is installed on-premises.
For the latest compatibility information, see the
BlackBerry 2FAserver compatibility matrix content.
- On the computer that will run theBlackBerry 2FAserver, download and install the latestJavaRuntime Environment 8 forWindowsx64 (bundle 151 or later). It must be installed in the default location:C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_<bundle>.
- If there is a previous version of theBlackBerry 2FAserver configured on the computer, then the configuration settings are automatically saved and restored when the latest.
- If you install theBlackBerry 2FAserver on a computer that has more than one NIC, verify that the production NIC is first in the bind order in theWindowsnetwork settings.
- On the computer that will host theBlackBerry 2FAserver, download theBlackBerry 2FAserver forWindowssoftware from https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=0C52D419A421FB13BB58357E67B7FB4B.
- Log in to the computer that you want to install or upgrade theBlackBerry 2FAserver on using an account with local administrator privileges. To upgrade a server, you must use the same service account that was used during the original installation. You can find the service account information from theBlackBerry 2FAservice in Services.msc.
- Unzip theBlackBerry 2FAserver software to a folder and double-clickSetup.exe. If aWindowsmessage appears and requests permission for the file to make changes to the computer, clickYes.
- Select a language and clickOK.
- Select a country or region and read the license agreement. To accept it, selectI accept the terms of the license agreementand clickNext.
- Verify that the installation requirements are met. ClickNext.
- Verify thatBlackBerry 2FA ServiceandRegister as Windows serviceare selected.
- In theOther componentssection, selectBlackBerry 2FA app files. You only need to install the app files on the first instance of theBlackBerry 2FAserver that you install. Make sure theBlackBerry 2FAapp is installed on your users'BlackBerry 10devices after you install and configure theBlackBerry 2FAserver. For more information, see theBlackBerry 2FAserver configuration content.
- In theService accountdialog box, type the information for the service account that theBlackBerry 2FAserver can use to run.
- Complete the instructions on the screen.
- If a version of theBlackBerry 2FAserver is already running on the computer, it will be automatically uninstalled. If a system restart is required, then you must run Setup.exe again to resume the upgrade.