Retract or delete a message or chat
If you didn't mean to send a particular message, you can retract it. When you retract a message, it no longer appears on your devices or your contact's device.
If you want to remove the messages from your devices only, you can delete a message. When you delete a message, it still appears on your contact's device.
- In a chat, touch and hold a message or picture that you sent.
- Do one of the following:
- To delete the message or picture from your devices only, tap .
- To retract the message from your contact's device, tap the retract icon.
Retract all messages in a chat
When you end a chat with a contact, you can retract all the messages that you sent in the chat. When you retract a chat, all the messages you sent in that chat no longer appear on your devices or your contact's device.
- In the chat, tap , then tapRetract Chat.You can also touch and hold a chat in the chats list, then tapRetract Chat.
Edit a message
If you made a mistake in a message that you sent, you can edit your message. When you edit a message, the original message is retracted and it appears in the message field so you can easily make your changes and resend it.
- In a chat, touch and hold a message you sent.
- TapEdit Message.
- Type a new message.