Upgrading from BES5 to BES12 in a new domain
BES12in a new domain
- To upgrade fromBES5toBES12in a new domain, install aBES5instance on a new server (to do this, you need another SRP, an authentication key, and CALs).
- InstallBES12version 12.5 on the new server. TheBES12setup application upgrades the newBES5BlackBerry Configuration Databaseto aBES12database.
- Next, useBlackBerry Enterprise Transporterto move the IT policies, profiles, users, and devices in increments from the originalBES5to theBES12database on the new server. Service interruptions occur only for the batch of users that you are moving from the originalBES5database to the newBES12database.
Choose this option if:
- You want to retire existingBES5instances
- It is too time-consuming to upgrade existingBES5instances toBES5version 5.0.4 MR10 or later
- The ability to haveBlackBerryOS (version 5.0 to 7.1) devices supported inBES12
- You can move data at your own pace
- No impact to the existingBES5environment
- You must build a newBES5domain
- You must install another server