Activate a Windows Phone device
You can activate your
Windows Phonedevice to associate it with your organization's environment so that you can access work data on your device.
- InBlackBerry UEM Self-Service, Create an activation password or QR Code.
- Watch a video tutorial available at docs.blackberry.com/en/endpoint-management/blackberry-uem-activation-videos.
- On the device, install theBlackBerry UEM Client. You can download theBlackBerry UEM ClientfromWindows Store.
- On the device, tap theUEM Clienticon to open the app.
- Read the license agreement and tapI Agree.
- Type your work email address and tapnext.
- If necessary, type the server address and tapnext. You can find the server address in the activation email message you received or inBlackBerry UEM Self-Service.
- Type the activation password and tapActivate My Device.
- Tapcopy and proceedto copy the server address shown and proceed to theWindows PhoneWorkplace app.
- Tapadd account.
- Type your email address and tapsign in.
- With your cursor in the Server field, tap thePasteicon.
- Tapsign in.
- If you receive a warning about a certificate, tapcontinue.
- Leave the User name and Domain fields blank. In the Password field, type the activation password you received in the activation email message or that you set inBlackBerry UEM Self-Service. Tapsign in.
- Press theBackbutton on yourWindows Phoneto return toBlackBerry UEM Client.
- The activation completes automatically.
To verify that the activation process completed successfully, perform one of the following actions:
- On the device, openBlackBerry UEM Client, tap theMenuicon at the lower-right (three horizontal dots), and tapabout. In the Activated Device section, verify that the device information and the activation time stamp are present.
- InBlackBerry UEM Self-Service, verify that your device is listed as an activated device. It can take up to two minutes for the status to update after you activate the device.