Enable BlackBerry Secure Connect Plus
BlackBerry Secure Connect Plus
To allow devices to use
BlackBerry Secure Connect Plus, you must enable
BlackBerry Secure Connect Plusin an enterprise connectivity profile and assign the profile to users and groups.
When the enterprise connectivity profile is applied to the device after activation,
BlackBerry UEMinstalls the
BlackBerry Connectivityapp on the device (for
Android Enterprisedevices, the app is installed automatically from
Google Play; for
iPadOSdevices, the app is installed automatically from the
BlackBerryreleases new versions of the app to support new features and enhancements. For instructions on upgrading the app, and to learn about the latest known and fixed issues, see the
BlackBerry Connectivityapp Release Notes.
- In the management console, on the menu bar, clickPolicies and Profiles.
- ClickNetworks and connections > Enterprise connectivity.
- Click .
- If you created and configured one or more server groups to directBlackBerry Secure Connect Plustraffic to a specific regional path to theBlackBerry Infrastructure, in theBlackBerry Secure Connect Plus server groupdrop-down list, click the appropriate server group.
- Configure the appropriate values for the profile settings for each device type. For more information about each profile setting, see Enterprise connectivity profile settings.
- Assign the profile to groups or user accounts.
- If you configured per-app VPN foriOSandiPadOSdevices, when you assign an app or app group, associate it with the appropriate enterprise connectivity profile.
- OnAndroid EnterpriseandSamsung Knox Workspacedevices, theBlackBerry Connectivityapp prompts users to allow it to run as a VPN and to allow access to private keys on the device. Instruct users to accept the requests.iOS,iPadOS,Android EnterpriseandKnox Workspacedevice users can open the app to view the status of the connection. No further action is required from users.
- If you created more than one enterprise connectivity profile, rank the profiles.
- If you are troubleshooting a connection issue with aniOS,iPadOS,Android EnterpriseorKnox Workspacedevice, the app allows the user to send the device logs to an administrator's email address (the user enters an email address that you must provide). Note that the logs are not viewable with Winzip. It is recommended to use another utility such as 7-Zip.