Install the BlackBerry UEM components on separate computers using the command prompt window
BlackBerry UEMcomponents on separate computers using the command prompt window
You can install BlackBerry UEM server software using the command prompt window. Prior to installing the software using this method, you as an individual or on behalf of your company or other entity on whose behalf you are authorized to act must acknowledge your acceptance of the terms and conditions of the BlackBerry Solution License Agreement for your jurisdiction in the manner provided below. Please review the BlackBerry Solution License Agreement for your jurisdiction (“BBSLA”) at the following link: http://us.blackberry.com/legal/blackberry-solution-license-agreement.html prior to installing or using the BlackBerry UEM server software. By acknowledging your acceptance of the BBSLA in the manner provided below or by installing or using the software, you are agreeing to be bound by the terms and conditions of the BBSLA.
After you install
BlackBerry UEMon a computer, you can install the
BlackBerry UEMmanagement console, the primary
BlackBerry UEMcomponents, and the
BlackBerry Connectivity Nodeon separate computers using the command prompt window. For more information about the
BlackBerry Connectivity Node, see Creating server groups and installing BlackBerry Connectivity Node instances.
- Download theBlackBerry UEMsoftware.
- Extract theBlackBerry UEMinstallation files.
- Open a text editor in administrator mode.
- Use the text editor to open the deployer.properties file.
- Change the following properties in thedeployer.propertiesfile:
- Add or change information that is specific to your organization's environment.
- If you want to install theBlackBerry UEMmanagement console, set thedeploy.ui,deploy.core, anddeployment.ui.onlyproperties toTrue, and set thedeploy.mdm.ecanddeploy.bcnproperties to False.
- If you want to install the primaryBlackBerry UEMcomponents, set thedeploy.mdm.ecproperty toTrue, and set thedeploy.uianddeploy.bcnproperties toFalse.
- If you want to install theBlackBerry Connectivity Node, set thedeploy.bcnproperty toTrue, and set thedeploy.uianddeploy.mdm.ecproperties toFalse.
- In a command prompt window set to the folder where you extracted theBlackBerry UEMinstallation files, typesetup.exe --script --iAcceptBESEULA.Add the parameter--showlogif you want to see the progress of the installation on the computer screen when you use the command prompt window.