Install a new BlackBerry UEM instance
When you run the setup application, use only standard characters to specify values. Unicode characters are not supported.
If you want to install the device connectivity components only (also known as the
BlackBerry Connectivity Node), see Creating server groups and installing BlackBerry Connectivity Node instances.
- If you installBlackBerry UEMbehind a firewall, it cannot connect to theBlackBerry Infrastructureuntil you configure the proxy server.BlackBerry UEMprompts you the first time you log in to theBlackBerry UEMmanagement console.
- InstallingBlackBerry UEMto a mapped network drive is not supported.
Do not add any files to the folder that contains the
BlackBerry UEMinstallation files (the default is C:\Program Files\BlackBerry\UEM). During an upgrade, the installer removes the contents of the
BlackBerry UEMsoftware directory, including its own installation files.
- Log in to the computer that you want to installBlackBerry UEMon using the service account.
- Copy theBlackBerry UEM.zip file to the computer and extract the contents to a folder.Do not copy used installation files from another computer. You must re-extract the installation files on each computer.
- In theBlackBerry UEMinstallation folder, double-clickSetup.exe. If aWindowsmessage appears and requests permission for Setup.exe to make changes to the computer, clickYes.
- In theLanguage selectiondialog box, select your language.
- In theBlackBerry UEMsetup application screen, clickNext.
- In theLicense agreementdialog box, perform the following actions:
- Select your country or region.
- Read the license agreement. To accept the license agreement, selectI accept the terms of the license agreement.
- In theComponent selectiondialog box, check the boxes for the components you want to install on the computer. ClickNext.For information about the components, see the Planning content. If you want to install the device connectivity components only (also known as theBlackBerry Connectivity Node), see Creating server groups and installing BlackBerry Connectivity Node instances.
- In theInstallation requirementsdialog box, you can check to see if your computer has met the requirements to installBlackBerry UEM. ClickNext.The setup application may display a warning that indicates thatMicrosoft .NET Framework4.5 is not installed. You can ignore this warning and proceed with the installation. The setup application will automatically installMicrosoft .NET Framework4.5 for you if it is not detected on your computer. If a later version ofMicrosoft .NET Frameworkis already installed, theBlackBerry UEMsetup application does not installMicrosoft .NET Framework4.5.
- In theSetup typedialog box, selectCreate a BlackBerry UEM database, and then perform one of the following actions:
You can install the database server on the same computer or use an existing database server in your organization's environment (local or remote).
- SelectInstall and use Microsoft SQL Server 2017 Express SP1 on this computerif you do not haveMicrosoft SQL Serverinstalled.
- If you already have a supported version ofMicrosoft SQL Serverinstalled, selectUse an existing Microsoft SQL Server instance in your organization's environment.
- If you selectedUse an existing Microsoft SQL Server instance in your organization's environment, in theBlackBerry UEM databasedialog box, fill out the fields:
- In theMicrosoft SQL Server namefield, type the name of the computer that hosts the database server.If you are using an AlwaysOn FCI, type the SQL Virtual Server Network Name for the WSFC cluster (for example, CompanySQLCluster). If you are using an AlwaysOn availability group, type the Availability Group Listener Virtual Network Name (for example, CompanyListener).
- In theDatabase namefield, type a name for the new database.
- If you configured the database server to use static ports, select theStaticoption. If the static port number is not 1433, in thePortfield, type the port number.
- By default, the setup application usesWindowsauthentication to connect to the existing database. If you selectMicrosoft SQL Server authentication, specify aWindowsaccount that has access to theMicrosoft SQL Server.
- In theBlackBerry UEM configurationdialog box, clickNextto confirm theBlackBerry UEMhost and domain names.
- In theFolder locationsdialog box, perform the following actions:
- Specify the location of the installation folder and log file folder.
- If you receive a message saying there is not enough space remaining, create extra space to installBlackBerry UEMon your computer.
- If you receive a message asking you to create the installation and log file folder locations, clickYes.
- In theService accountdialog box, type theWindowspassword and clickNext.
- In theInstallation summarydialog box, clickInstallto installBlackBerry UEM.
- In theInstallingdialog box, clickNextwhen the installation is complete.
- In theConsole addressesdialog box, perform one of the following actions:
- ClickCloseif you do not want to export your console addresses to a file.
- Select theExport the console addresses to a filecheck box and save the file on your computer. ClickClose.
- For high availability:
- If you are using an FCI, use the Failover Cluster Manager tool to manage the FCI and failover settings.
- If you are using an availability group, useMicrosoft SQL Server Management Studioto set up the primary replica and secondary replicas and to configure failover settings. Visit the MSDN Library to see Getting Started with AlwaysOn Availability Groups and Use the Availability Group Wizard (SQL Server Management Studio). Choose the option to create a full backup for the secondary databases and specify a shared network location that all replicas can access.
- If you want to configureBlackBerry UEMto use a proxy server,
- Do not create a shared folder within the installation folder after you installBlackBerry UEM. If you reinstall or upgradeBlackBerry UEM, all of the files and folders in the installation folder are deleted, including the shared folder.
- If an error message for RRAS appears in the Server Manager window, you can disregard it.