Configure permissions for the service account
A service account is a
Windowsaccount that runs the services for
BlackBerry UEM. The service account must be a member of the local Administrators group with default policy settings on the computer that you install
BlackBerry UEMon, and must have the Log on as a service permission. The
Windowsservice account must also have permission to access the
Microsoft SQL Serverunless you are using direct
If your organization's environment includes another EMM solution from
BlackBerry, you can use the same service account to install
BlackBerry UEM. Otherwise, create a service account in your company directory or a local
Windowsaccount on the computer that you want to install
If you use
Microsoft SQL Serverauthentication to connect to the
BlackBerry UEMdatabase, the
BlackBerry UEMservices run under the Local System account.
- On the taskbar, clickStart > Administrative Tools > Computer Management.
- In the left pane, expandLocal Users and Groups.
- Navigate to theGroupsfolder.
- In the right pane, double-clickAdministrators.
- In theEnter the object names to selectfield, type the name of the service account (for example, BESAdmin).
- On the taskbar, clickStart > Administrative Tools > Local Security Policy.
- In the left pane, expandLocal policies.
- ClickUser Rights Assignment.
- ConfigureLog on as a servicepermission for the service account.