Install a BlackBerry Connectivity Node instance
BlackBerry Connectivity Nodeinstance
You must install each
BlackBerry Connectivity Nodeinstance on a separate computer. Perform the following steps for each instance you want to install.
- Log in to the computer that you want to install theBlackBerry Connectivity Nodeinstance on.Unless you are installing theBlackBerry Connectivity Nodeinstance in a DMZ, it is a best practice to use the same service account that was used to install the primaryBlackBerry UEMcomponents.
- Copy theBlackBerry UEMinstallation files to the computer.Do not copy used installation files from another computer. You must re-extract the installation files on each computer.
- In theBlackBerry UEMinstallation folder, double-clickSetup.exe. If aWindowsmessage appears and requests permission for Setup.exe to make changes to the computer, clickYes.
- In theLanguage selectiondialog box, select your language.
- In theBlackBerry UEMsetup application screen, clickNext.
- In theLicense agreementdialog box, select your country or region, then review and accept the license agreement.
- In theInstallation requirementsdialog box, you can check to see if your computer has met the requirements to install theBlackBerry Connectivity Node. ClickNext.The setup application may display a warning that indicates thatMicrosoft .NET Framework4.5 is not installed. You can ignore this warning and proceed with the installation. The setup application will automatically installMicrosoft .NET Framework4.5 for you if it is not detected on your computer. If a later version ofMicrosoft .NET Frameworkis already installed, theBlackBerry UEMsetup application does not installMicrosoft .NET Framework4.5.
- In theBlackBerry UEM configurationdialog box, confirm the host name. ClickNext.
- In theFolder locationsdialog box, perform the following actions:
- Specify the location of the installation folder and log file folder.
- If you receive a message saying there is not enough space remaining, create extra space to install theBlackBerry Connectivity Node.
- If you receive a message asking you to create the installation and logs folder locations, clickYes.
- In theService accountdialog box, type the password for the service account. ClickNext.
- In theInstallation summarydialog box, clickInstall.
- In theInstallingdialog box, clickNextwhen the installation is complete.
- In theConsole addressesdialog box, you can select theExport the console addresses to a filecheck box to save the address of theBlackBerry Connectivity Nodeconsole (http://localhost:8088) to a text file on your computer.You can open theBlackBerry Connectivity Nodeconsole at any time from the Start menu.
- ClickClose. If you chose to save the address of the console, specify the location.