Activate a BlackBerry Connectivity Node instance
BlackBerry Connectivity Nodeinstance
To activate a
BlackBerry Connectivity Nodeinstance, you must generate and download an activation file from the
UEMmanagement console and upload it to the
BlackBerry Connectivity Nodeconsole. The activation process connects that instance to the primary
The activation file is valid for 60 minutes only after you download it. If you generate and download multiple activation files, only the latest file is valid. If you need to activate multiple instances of the
BlackBerry Connectivity Node, complete the steps below for each instance.
When you configure a new
BlackBerry Connectivity Node, the first packet is not encrypted (non-SSL) and is used to establish encrypted (SSL) communications. All subsequent packets are encrypted (SSL). If your organization has a firewall rule for port 443 that allows only SSL packets, you must set a firewall exception for the initial activation of the
BlackBerry Connectivity Node. You can remove the exception after activation.
- In theUEMmanagement console, on the menu bar, clickSettings > External integration > BlackBerry Connectivity Node setup.
- Click .
- If you want to add theBlackBerry Connectivity Nodeinstance to an existing server group when you activate it, in theServer groupdrop-down list, click the appropriate server group.
- Save the activation file to the computer that hosts theBlackBerry Connectivity Node.
- On the computer that hosts theBlackBerry Connectivity Node, open theBlackBerry Connectivity Nodeconsole from the Start menu or open a browser window and navigate to http://localhost:8088.
- Select a language from the drop-down list. ClickNext.
- Optionally, you can do any of the following:
- If you want to use a proxy setting other than the default (port 443) to connect to theBlackBerry Infrastructure(<region>.bbsecure.com) to activate theBlackBerry Connectivity Node, click the "here" link to configure the proxy settings and enter the information for the enrollment proxy.The proxy must be able to access port 443 to theBlackBerry Infrastructure. You cannot change the enrollment proxy setting after you activate theBlackBerry Connectivity Node.
- If you want to send data through an HTTP proxy before it reaches theBlackBerry Dynamics NOC, click the "here" link. ClickEnable HTTP proxyand configure the proxy settings. You cannot change the proxy settings once they are saved.The proxy must be able to access port 443 to theBlackBerry Dynamics NOC.
- You have the option of configuring other proxy settings at this point. For more information about the available proxy options, see Configure proxy settings for a BlackBerry Connectivity Node instance.
- Type a name for theBlackBerry Connectivity Node. ClickNext.
- ClickBrowse. Navigate to and select the activation file.
- ClickActivate.If you want to add aBlackBerry Connectivity Nodeinstance to an existing server group when you activate it, your organization's firewall must allow connections from that server over port 443 through theBlackBerry Infrastructure(<region>.bbsecure.com) to activate theBlackBerry Connectivity Nodeand to the same bbsecure.com region as the mainBlackBerry Connectivity Nodeinstance.
To view the status of a
BlackBerry Connectivity Nodeinstance, in the
UEMmanagement console, on the menu bar, click
Settings > External integration > BlackBerry Connectivity Node setup.
- To add aBlackBerry Connectivity Nodeinstance to a server group, or remove an instance from a server group, see Manage server groups.
- For instructions for configuring theBlackBerry Gatekeeping Service, see the Configuration content.
- For instructions for configuringBlackBerry Proxyand creating clusters, see the Configuration content. For more information about configuring connectivity forBlackBerry Dynamicsapps, see Setting up network connections for BlackBerry Dynamics apps in the Administration content.
- For instructions for enablingBlackBerry Secure Connect Plus, see Enabling and configuring enterprise connectivity and BlackBerry Secure Connect Plus in the Administration content.