Assign an IT policy or a profile to a shared device group
You can assign an IT policy and profiles to a shared device group that apply either when the device is checked in or when the device is checked out by a user. To have the same IT policy or profile apply whether the device is checked in or out, you assign it for both states. If the assigned IT policy or profile is different for each state, the appropriate policy and profiles are applied whenever the device is checked in or out.
- On the menu bar, clickDedicated devices > Shared device groups.
- Search for a shared device group.
- In the search results, click the name of the shared device group.
- Click theChecked-out settingstab.
- In theAssigned IT policy and profilessection, click .
- ClickIT policiesor a profile type.
- In the drop-down list, click the name of the IT policy or profile that you want to assign to devices when they are checked out.
- Perform any of the following tasks:TaskStepsAssign an IT policy
Assign a ranked profile type
- If an IT policy is already assigned directly to the group, clickReplace. Otherwise, clickAssign.
Assign a non-ranked profile type
- If the profile type that you selected in step 5 is already assigned directly to the group, clickReplace. Otherwise, clickAssign.
- Click theChecked-in settingstab.
- Repeat steps 5 to 8 to assign an IT policy and profiles that apply to the shared devices when they are checked in.